The Scary Mommy Thanksgiving Project started as a simple blog post from Jill Smokler in 2011. She was upset that some parents couldn’t provide food for their families during the holidays. Jill reached out to her readers and they warmly responded by donating money to her project.
As I think about my life and each of the Thanksgiving dinners I’ve been blessed to be a part of; only one thing comes to mind. I have ALWAYS had enough. Not just enough but an abundance of food. You know that overstuffed feeling that hits right after the pumpkin pie slice?
How could I ignore the fact that others were hungry on this beautiful occasion? I can’t.
An average Thanksgiving dinner costs $50 for one family. How many families can you feed this year? Just think, one less Starbucks Latte each month and you’ve done it-fed a family one holiday meal. So simple, isn’t it?
Right now, there are over 500 families on the Thanksgiving Project’s waiting list and and the applications for help keep pouring in. Helicopter Mom and Just Plane Dad donated to this cause and we invite you to give back too.
Together we can help several families. If you’d like to join us, please donate here . If you can’t afford to donate at this time, I hope you will take a moment to SHARE this post. If you need help, you can apply at Scary Mommy’s website.
Please support #ScaryMommyThanksgiving. Thank you!
Hovering high and low, Helicopter Mom and Just Plane Dad
Latest posts by Helicopter Mom and Just Plane Dad (see all)
- 12 Tips To Celebrate Earth Day with Tom’s of Maine - March 30, 2015
- RO*TEL goes great with your favorite foods so #JustAddRotel - March 23, 2015
- Joy & Karma Serum 60 day challenge - March 21, 2015
- Family Easter dinner made easy with HoneyBaked Ham - March 20, 2015
- Switch to Walmart best plans with the lowest priced unlimited plans this St. Patrick’s Day - March 18, 2015