Congratulations to my good friend, Dr. Parnell Donahue, on the pre-release of your new parenting book Tools for Effective Parenting, available here. This book is written after years of experience raising his own children and caring for thousands of others. Dr. Donahue has discovered some basic tools to make parenting easier and more effective. Isn’t that what we all want?
As part of his regular research on teens, he often scours the web for information related to raising them. He sent me an article and asked me to offer my thoughts on it. After reading Meghan Cox Gurdon’s take on the inappropriate material inherent in Young Adult books, it really got me thinking about my opinion on her topic.
In a nutshell, she’s upset with Young Adult author’s for placing mature content in their books for kids aged 12-18 years old. I have to say that I struggled with my response. You can read what I said by visiting Parenting with Dr. Par.
Hovering high and low, Helicopter Mom and Just Plane Dad
Latest posts by Helicopter Mom and Just Plane Dad (see all)
- The Holiday Cash Extravaganza! - December 3, 2013
- Wrap Your Creative Gifts with help from Walgreens Holiday Guide - December 2, 2013
- Faith and Friendship for Teens-Sisterhood Magazine Giveaway - December 2, 2013
- Fysiko Final - December 1, 2013
- Preparing for the holiday season with Glade and Ziploc - November 30, 2013